We are happy to announce, that our Population Zero CBT continues, and it begins today at 9 am UTC. It will continue throughout this week and the servers will go offline on December 30
This CBT test also introduces a big content update. You can read the patch notes below:
The Savannah has two new regions:
- The Swamp region, with a high toxicity level.
- The Anomalous region, with freezing cold weather.
- All mobs that live in these regions (except for Scyphopods, Selwea and some Yutts) grant theory points when researched.
- In the Swamps you can find a Sprout. You can grow a Predatory Flower out of it which will grant you Life Essence in exchange for monster meat.
- Reworked the tutorial quest in the Dropzone.
- The Savannah will now have cocoons any player can respawn in. These cocoons need to be activated first.
- The Xenobiote faction has been temporarily removed from the game. The player can no longer turn into a Xeno. All items that were previously exclusive to Xenos are now available to humans.
- To become a Void you need to reach the maximum mutation level. A character that isn’t at the maximum mutation level remains human.
NPC and Questing System
- The Hub has a new unique NPC.
- The Savannah has a new unique NPC.
- Added over 20 new quests.
- Some old quests have been removed from the game.
- Reworked the “Learning mutations” quest.
- Reworked the “Old house” quest.
- Updated AI for the Kvar, Selwea and Merid.
- Some Kvar attacks now cause bleeding.
- Added new Kvar animations.
- Now mobs attack the closest character to them.
- Kvars now hunt either in packs of three or on their own. They will act differently depending on their number.
- Updated AI for the Alpha-Kvar
- Changed spawn locations for the Pheromones.
- The Alpha-Kvar can summon nearby Kvars to aid him in battle.
- Updated attack animations without a weapon.
- Characters and mobs now have health bars. They will appear once damage has been taken and will disappear as time passes if a character or mob isn’t taking damage or restoring health.
- Rebalanced armor and weapons.
- Reworked the stagger and recoil animations.
- Updated the visual effect when stamina is fully depleted.
- Added more hit points to structures.
- Structures can’t be broken with bare hands.
- Zones where building is prohibited have been reduced in size.
Injuries and Illnesses
- Added a new injury – “Strain”. Can be acquired after a high fall.
- Added an illness – “Alien parasite”. Can be acquired by eating raw meat.
- The minimum optimal temperature, below which starts hypothermia, has been reduced to +4 degrees.
- Hypothermic and overheating injuries now occur with a certain chance after you have reached a critically low or high temperature level respectively. Unless the player is wearing shoes and gloves for freezing or headgear for a sunstroke.
Gathering and mining.
- Gathering resources is now instant.
- When mining resources with a tool you will acquire resources for each hit.
- Mining resources can no longer be destroyed with bare hands.
- Workbenches can no longer be destroyed with bare hands.
- Weapons are separated into combat weapons and tools.
- You can’t perform a jump attack, dash attack, strong attack or block with a tool. If you click or hold LMS or RMS when using a tool, only a mining attack will be performed.
- Food that has been prepared with a more difficult recipe will now slow down hunger and thirst.
- Added new recipes. Reworked some food stats.
- Reworked the drop system after death. Now the player drops all resources and consumables, but keeps the weapons, tools, suits, armor and workbenches with a certain chance that is displayed in the item’s description. If this chance isn’t displayed then that item will be dropped after death.
- Reworked the use of full body suits. Now they completely replace your clothing when put on.
- The item descriptions are now more detailed.
- Backpacks no longer have weight.
- Backpacks no longer open extra storage. All storage slots are open on default.
- Updated and reworked the atlas UI. Now its separated into materials and technologies that are mostly learned sequentially. Technologies require Theory points. Materials require Science points.
- The number of perks has been increased to 111.
- The perks’ abilities have been completely reworked.
- Changed the conditions of how to get perks. Slightly increased odds of getting a perk.
- All perk slots can be upgraded to epic.
- The Anomalous region has unique audio effects..
- Players now have their names displayed above them.
- Reworked the graphics settings. Removed the “Very high” setting.
- Bug fixes.
- We also brought back coal. Yay!